Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Traveling The High Seas


27
Jed Benedict Lim
7 - Marian
                     
Traveling the High Seas

The air conditioner was starting to bug me as my family and I walked through the connecting chute going into the ship. You see, my family booked some tickets for a 3-day cruise. As usual, they dragged my brother and I along. The next thing is I’m freezing my legs off. I looked up ahead and saw that we were nearing the exit of the chute…  
My jaw dropped in amazement as I looked at the furnishings. The interior of the ship looked like that of a five star hotel’s. There were a lot of people milling around and chattering excitedly to others. Music was coming from speakers above us as we headed through the elevator. I scanned our surroundings and spotted a Japanese restaurant across. I took a peek inside and saw various Japanese dishes that made my mouth water. We took a glass encased elevator with velvet lining to our cabin. When I entered our cabin, I almost thought it was a hotel room. Nothing else signified that we were on a cruise. There was a set of TV, two beds and a lot of other stuff. The ocean breeze rushed into the room as I opened the sliding door of the balcony. I went straight over to the balcony and leaned over and watched blue waves rolling over one another. It felt so perfect I couldn’t ask for anything else at that moment. No matter how engrossing the scene was, my curiosity got the better of me. I joined my brother in exploring the whole hotel. Our eyes grew rounder as we walked along different shops across the area. There were clothes shops, boutiques, souvenir shops and even a bakery. We didn’t get to see the pool and game arcade area until later because a Western buffet had been set for us. We selected from a wide selection of dishes. It was almost impossible to move after the meal.
For three days we enjoyed all the amenities that Superstar Virgo Cruise offered. We watched a show at their theatre. We played billiards at the entertainment area and played video games at the arcade. For three days all I did was play and eat, forgetting that I was aboard a floating metal. It was an awesome experience. Though I wonder, what that huge piece of metal be 50 years from now.
I guess it would be an attraction at some museum. But there is also a huge possibility that it would be given a totally new look. The interiors might take on a futuristic design and everything would turn into more modern and elegant. There is only one thing that is certain, the future would bring about changes in the total look of the whole ship, and whatever modernity the future brings would be reflected in the interiors of the whole ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment