Friday, December 7, 2012

A pleasant place

32
Gerardo Panopio
7-Marian

A pleasant place
      In our last day in the United States, my aunt brought us to Huntington Beach in California. The excitement was starting to tickle me on the inside and made me want to jump into the air. Huntington Beach is a place where people get to do whatever they want like go surfing, go for a walk along the beach, play volleyball or Frisbee or just go out and swim in the waters of the Pacific. Once we all met on the beach I got sick of my parents’ warnings about the cold icy water and I just jumped in with my cousin and my sister to the icy water. In the middle of the beach is a pier that is high enough for people to feel the cold breeze of the ocean. Further into the land is a portion of the city with a lot of different shops selling food and clothes. The sand was almost the same sand which I encountered in Santa Monica and Sentosa, Singapore. Once we grew tired we each took a shower and went to the city to have lunch. As soon as we were full we proceeded to the pier which had people strolling with dogs. There was a wide assortment of things to do like rent or buy a kite, go fishing, watch surfers, and in my case just have fun by saying hi to the surfers. The pier was made of wood, which made me feel uneasy because it seemed quite old but it was still strong and durable. The cold breeze made me freeze because since I got accustomed to the climate there I hardly ever used my jackets. It truly was a pleasant place to be in, you could just sit in the sand all day or go to the pier and watch the sun set over the horizon. I was thankful for being brought there because I’ve seen and enjoyed myself in another beach in the U.S.
      In the future I think the pier will be supported with steel to reinforce the old wood, the city will have a more updated look and several attractions or other things can be added in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment